Become a member
SWANA | Land of Lakes Chapter
Why Join SWANA?
- Discounts to educational seminars and tours
- Discounts to the chapter annual conference and meeting
- Discounted continuing education credits for MPCA licensing
- Networking, Networking, Networking!
- Keep a pulse on industry hot topics: learn about what others are doing and how you can improve!
- Keep up with legislative issues
- Monthly E-news to members with job postings, news, equipment wanted for sale, legislative updates, notices about continuing education opportunities
- Discounts to SWANA national events and resources like WASTECON, SWANApalooza, NAWTEC, SWANA Professional Services Directory, members only content on SWANA.org
- And so much more!
Becoming a member of SWANA has many benefits for you and your company or organization. SWANA is the organization for professionals in the solid waste and recycling industry. Join today and start gaining the benefit of an extensive network of other professionals in your field. We also openly welcome new and young professionals into SWANA. Young Professional discounted membership rates are available, scroll down for more information.
A “Young Professional” is defined as an individual in the solid waste industry 35 or younger. That’s actual age, not just how you feel.
What is SWANA’s Young Professionals Group?
We are a group of individuals who represent the future of the solid waste industry. We are passionate about the environment, our industry, and helping each other succeed. We are eager to offer advice, brainstorm ideas, develop solutions, and share in the struggles and triumphs of working in this business.We are energetic. We are motivated. We are committed. We are the next generation of SWANA.
Why Join? Here are a few of the many benefits you’ll receive by joining SWANA’s Young Professional group:
- Excellent networking opportunities at events, conferences, and online
- Webinars targeted at helping you navigate the challenges of the solid waste industry
- Resources that provide you with tools and information needed to succeed in your career
- Opportunities to voice your opinion about the future of SWANA
How Do I Join? New member Young Professionals pay a special first-year membership fee of $100. Click here to join SWANA and provide your birth month and year when prompted.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Free student memberships!
Still in school? Take this FREE opportunity to build a network of industry professionals.
- Meet industry professionals that work in a variety of job functions (potential internship and job leads!)
- Discounted registration to webinars, conferences, symposia, as well as industry training and certification events
- Access to exclusive industry resources through discussion forums and access to research through recorded webinars and whitepapers
- Leadership opportunities: join committees of local and even national chapters to expand your skills and involvement